13 May Covid19 Update 10
Kia ora koutou
We are quickly moving towards school reopening on May 18, for all students and staff. We are excited to welcome students back and get our programmes underway.
I want to share some specific information to help with this process. This information is in line with the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health guidelines.
Who comes to school?
School is open for all students from May 18 except children who:
- are feeling unwell
- have any COVID-19 symptoms
- need to be self-isolated because of actual or possible contact with Covid19 virus
- or are awaiting the result of a test.
Children at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19 (e.g. those with underlying medical conditions, particularly if not well-controlled) are encouraged to take additional precautions. Please contact their teacher to make a plan.
What will the school be doing?
- Children, young people and staff will endeavour to be far enough away from each other so that they are not breathing on or touching each other.
- We will use a 1-metre rule, where practicable, as a guide, particularly between adults.
- We will use a 2m rule for visitors to the school.
- The new measure of the "Moist Breath Zone" will be used with children.
- We will regularly clean commonly touched surfaces.
- Hand sanitiser is at the entry to classrooms and in shared spaces.
- Soap, water and the ability to dry hands in bathrooms and classrooms.
- We will be encouraging children to regularly wash and dry hands, cough and sneeze into their elbow, and try to avoid touching their face.
- Physical education classes and break time activities may include access to sports equipment. We will then clean equipment with a disinfectant.
- Contact tracing registers will identify which children and adults are on site, including recording if there is a different composition of children and adults during the day.
- All visitors to the site, including parents, will be recorded for contact tracing.
School Dates and Events
May 18: School will reopen for all students. Note that this is Week 6 of term 2.
July 3: Last day of term 2 (There are seven weeks of the term left from this date).
School Events: We will reorganise School Events, over the next week or two, for the rest of the year. Please check the school app and website, in a week or two, to stay up to date with changes.
Visiting the School
All Parents and visitors to the school will need to sign in for contract tracing, at the office. Please do not go to your child's class without first visiting the office.
Water and Drinking
Water fountains will be cleaned with a disinfectant throughout the day. However, we recommend that students bring their water bottle.
The tuck shop, at the discretion of the operators, will be closed while we are level 2. We will let you know as soon as this reopens.
Please contact your child’s teacher or the school office, if you have any questions or concerns.
We look forward to seeing our children back and enjoying school next week.
Nga mihi nui
0274 916 443