Covid19 Update 12- Level 2
25 August 2020
Kia ora koutou
It was a big relief to hear we are moving back to Alert Level 2 at the beginning of next week. We look forward to welcoming all our students and staff back onsite at that time!
Thank you once more to our parents and caregivers for the support and resilience you have shown through Alert Level 3.
Who comes to school?
School is open for all students from 31 August except children who:
• are feeling unwell
• have any COVID-19 symptoms
• need to be self-isolated because of actual or possible contact with Covid19 virus
• or are awaiting the result of a test.
Children at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19 (e.g. those with underlying medical conditions, particularly if not well-controlled) are encouraged to take additional precautions. Please contact their teacher to make a plan.
What will the school be doing?
• Children, young people and staff will endeavour to be far enough away from each other so that they are not breathing on or touching each other.
• We will use a 1-metre rule, where practicable, as a guide, particularly between adults.
• We will use a 2m rule for visitors to the school.
• Children will follow the “Moist Breath Zone” as much as possible.
• We will regularly clean commonly touched surfaces.
• Hand sanitiser is at the entry to classrooms and in shared spaces.
• Soap, water and the ability to dry hands in bathrooms and classrooms.
• We will be encouraging children to wash regularly and dry hands, cough and sneeze into their elbow, and try to avoid touching their face.
• Physical education classes and break time activities may include access to sports equipment. We will then clean equipment with a disinfectant.
• Contact tracing registers will identify which children and adults are on site, including recording if there is a different composition of children and adults during the day.
• All visitors to the site, including parents, will be recorded for contact tracing and the school will be displaying the QR code for the NZ COVID Tracer App
School Dates and Events
31 August: School will reopen for all students.
25 September: Last day of term 3
School Events: Again, we will have to review and reorganise some of the upcoming events: We will keep you posted. Please use School Loop and the website for up to date information.
Visiting the School
All Parents and visitors to the school will need to sign in for contract tracing, at the office. Please do not go to your child’s class without first visiting the office.
Water and Drinking
We will clean water fountains with a disinfectant throughout the day. However, we recommend that students bring their water bottle.
There is a new rule requiring the use of face coverings when using public transport. We have a limited supply, and if a child needs a new mask at the end of the day, they can get one from the office.
Face Coverings or Masks
Because of these measures, your child does not need to wear a face covering while at school. We will of course support them should they choose to do so.
For those of you who might be finding things more difficult than usual, a reminder that there is a large range of support available for businesses and the community. We encourage you to go to covid19.govt.nz for more information, or get in touch and we will help you to find the information and support you need.
We look forward to seeing our children back and enjoying school next week.
Nga mihi nui
0274 916 443