Pakuranga Intermediate School is situated in a beautiful suburb of south-east Auckland. It is a safe environment with spacious grounds, gardens, trees and large playing areas. There are approximately 300 students, 10 classroom teachers and three specialist teachers. Students and staff come from 23 different countries.
Pakuranga Intermediate School offers:
- Multi-cultural opportunities with new friendships and a variety of cultural experiences
- Kind and caring staff who respect their students
- Qualified teachers and experienced teacher aides
- Experienced English teachers who are native speakers of English
- A full Intermediate programme: English, Maths, Social Studies, Science, Performing Arts, Art, Technology, Health, Sport and Physical Education.
- A strong Performing Arts programme with a Concert Band, school productions and an opportunity to learn musical instruments
- Education Outside the Classroom including day trips and a Camp
- A new library and computer network
Pakuranga Intermediate School Offers:
- A programme approved by the Ministry of Education
- Opportunities for all International Students to integrate with others who speak English.
- Special classes for beginning learners of English.
- Extra sport and after-school activities
The International Student Office provides:
- An experienced Director available 24/7
- Support personnel that includes Mandarin, Cantonese and Korean translators
- A Homestay programme approved by the Ministry of Education
- Homestay accommodation - approved and monitored - with caring New Zealand families
- Reports and news to parents
International Student Office
Director: (Mrs) Hila Crump
If you are interested in attending our school, please download and fill in the following forms. They can be returned either by email or post.
International Student Enrolment Form
International Student Agreement
Code of Practice
Pakuranga Intermediate has agreed to observe and be bound by the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students published by the Ministry of Education. Copies of the Code are available on request from this institution or from the New Zealand Ministry of Education website