There are a number of different services that can be accessed through our school. Please take a look at some of the support available below or contact the office if you have further questions.
Useful sites for parents
- Switch on Safety - provides advice about managing children's devices while learning from home.
- parents.education.govt.nz - practical information on supporting your child's learning from the Ministry of Education
- nzmaths.co.nz/families - ideas on how to support your child's maths learning at home
- Keeping in Real Online provides tools and advice about online behaviours and how parents can help manage their child's internet use.
- Netsafe provides the lates information and tools about keeping safe online for parents and young people.
- Talanoa Ako is an interactive educational app for Pacific parents developed by New Zealand’s Ministry of Education.
Talanoa Ako means to talk about education and learning. This is what this app will get your family doing in a fun, engaging, and easy way through interactive talanoa activities. The App features include swipe to read, record yourself, a customisable Family Plan, a customisable Goals plan and a Shareable Calendar planner.
Families can access the app in full synchronised audio in any of the 10 Pacific languages (‘Gana Tuvalu, Gagana Samoa, Gagana Tokelau, Gasav Ne Faeag Rotuam, Lea Faka Tonga, Na Vosa Vakaviti, Solomon Islands, Taetae ni Kiribati, Te Reo Māori Kuki Airani, Vagahau Niue) and English.
Here at Pakuranga Intermediate School, we have Mana Kidz which is a free nurse-led school health service that addresses health concerns for your children. Healthcare is delivered by a registered nurse who work throughout the year with schools, whanau, and health providers in the community. At the centre of Mana Kidz is rheumatic fever prevention. This includes parental discussion and consent for tamariki who may need a sore throat assessment and medicine. But they also offer, skin infection assessment and treatment, vision, or ear health assessments. Mana Kidz can make referrals to GP clinic or other community health specialists if needed. The Mana Kidz nurse would work with you to meet the health needs for your tamariki. Parents/whanau may request a referral to the nurse through the school office. You may also phone their free Mana Kidz number on 0800 658326 to speak with a registered nurse. Their business hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm.
Click on the link to see their free services https://www.nhc.maori.nz/matou-mahi/our-programmes
This is their Mana Kidz facebook for relevant community health messages https://www.facebook.com/manakidz
Social Workers in Schools (SWiS) are qualified, registered social workers who work alongside students and whanau to support finding solutions to challenges that may impact on children’s education and well-being. Parents/caregivers may request a referral to our social worker who is in school every week on a Wednesday.
Auckland Regional dental Services runs a mobile clinic on site. Free dental assessments and care are provided for children and adolescents in the greater Auckland area. You can contact ARDS on 0800 TALK TEETH or 0800 825 583